Safeguarding at The Cherwell School
Cherwell School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Safeguarding is about ensuring that everyone is safe from harm, safe from bullying, safe from abuse of any kind, safe from discrimination or harassment and ensuring that we all feel safe in our school environment.
If you are ever concerned about the safety or wellâbeing of someone at our school please contact one of the school’s Designated Safeguarding Leads (DSLs).
Designated Safeguarding Lead
Ms Shontelle Magenty email@example.com
Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead
Mrs Kim Young Kyoung@cherwellschool.org
We have a number of policies and procedures in place that contribute to our safeguarding commitment, including our Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy which can be viewed in the Policies section of our website.
There are 5 main elements to our policy and procedures:
- Ensuring we practice safe recruitment in checking the suitability of staff and volunteers to work with children.
- Raising awareness of child protection issues & working on the prevention of abuse, through training, teaching and pastoral support offered to students.
- Following procedures for identifying and reporting cases, or suspected cases of abuse.
- Supporting students who are at risk or may have been abused.
- Establishing a safe environment in which children can learn and develop.
Sometimes we may need to share information and work in partnership with other agencies when there are concerns about a child’s welfare. We will ensure that our concerns about our pupils are discussed with parents/carers first, unless we have reason to believe that such a move would be contrary to the child’s welfare.
We actively support the Government’s Prevent Agenda to counter radicalism and extremism.
We have a dedicated team who have all received in depth safeguarding training to ensure that we:
- Identify children who may need early help, are at risk or have been harmed
- Secure the help that children need and refer them to the expertise to help them
- Manage safer recruitment and allegations about adults who may be of risk to children
Please click here to find out more about how we manage Sexual harassment/Sexual Violence and Harmful Sexual Behaviours
|Accessibility Plan 2019||27th Nov 2019||Download|
|Allegations of abuse made against staff and volunteers policy review July 2022||10th Nov 2021||Download|
|Cherwell-ESAT-Review-15.10.2021||16th Nov 2021||Download|
|Children Missing Education Policy Sep 2021.docx||26th Nov 2021||Download|
|KCSIE 2021 September guidance||13th Oct 2021||Download|
|Online Safety Policy November 2021||26th Nov 2021||Download|
|Reporting Safeguarding Concerns||09th Mar 2022||Download|
|Safeguarding Policy 2021||24th Nov 2021||Download|
|Safeguarding Team||09th Mar 2022||Download|
|TikTok Parent Guide||17th Nov 2021||Download|