School Health Nurse
Kate Lay is a registered specialist community public health nurse employed by Oxford Health Foundation Trust and based here at The Cherwell School on south site.
She provides unbiased, non-judgmental health education & support to students and is a key member of the safeguarding team.
Key features of her role -
* lead for immunisation program
* Sexual health services
* Puberty & relationships support
* LGBTQI + support
* Mental health support & referral to specialist services
* Support for staff managing medical conditions in school
* safeguarding & risk taking behaviours
During the COVID19 stay at home campaign, your school health nurse Kate Lay is still able to support you, so please contact her in the usual way for support. Her email & phone is checked a minimum of once daily Monday-Friday, so If you need urgent NHS support please call your GP or 111.
If you have any urgent concerns, please dial 111 the NHS non-emergency number or check the website of your GP practice on how to make contact during the corona virus crisis
· If you require emergency contraception or advice during working hours email firstname.lastname@example.org
or visit the OXME website https://oxme.info/cms/health/emergency-contraception (https://oxme.info/cms/health/emergency-contraception) and search under ‘EHC’.
· The SHN website has already been updated to offer advice and support around the corona virus please visit www.oxfordhealth.nhs.uk/school-health-nurses/ (http://www.oxfordhealth.nhs.uk/school-health-nurses/)
Take care & stay safe