School Health Nurse
Kate Lay is a registered specialist community public health nurse employed by Oxford Health Foundation Trust and based here at The Cherwell School on south site.
She provides unbiased, non-judgmental health education & support to students and is a key member of the safeguarding team.
Key features of her role -
* lead for immunisation program
* Sexual health services
* Puberty & relationships support
* LGBTQI + support
* Mental health support & referral to specialist services
* Support for staff managing medical conditions in school
* safeguarding & risk taking behaviours
Kate is accessible to students throughout the week. They can self refer or do so via a member of staff. She also runs a drop in clinic on a Wednesday second break. As an NHS professional the service provided is confidential.