- Our Ethos & Vision
Our Ethos & Vision
The Cherwell School welcomes and values all members of the school community in an atmosphere of learning which is friendly, supportive and challenging.
We want our students:
- To work hard and achieve their best
- To value learning as a lifetime activity
- To behave responsibly, courteously and with consideration for the needs and right of others
- To be involved in the life of the school and of the wider community and by so doing to become responsible and successful citizens
- To mature in self-confidence, self-discipline and understanding of other people
- To take pride in what they do and to gain satisfaction and enjoyment from their achievements
The Cherwell School Aims
The Cherwell School is A Centre of Opportunity where, as a community of individuals, we are committed to and enthusiastic about creating and using opportunities to their fullest extent. This is so that students, staff and members of the wider school community can enjoy success and be well-equipped for the future. We are an outstanding school and we know we can further extend and enrich what we do.
Individuals have the opportunity to develop their abilities and talents, and to be successful. We want everyone within our community to be nurtured, challenged and encouraged to make the most of opportunities.
As a community of individuals, we recognise that we have a range of responsibilities. Team work and collective responsibility support the success of individuals, the school and the wider community.
There is a commitment to excellence in all that we do. We have a culture of high expectations. We expect to do well both as individuals and collectively.
For further details regarding the School’s Development and Improvement Plan please click here.