|Emma Saunders||The Network Manager|
|Daniel Hares||Senior IT Techncian|
|Jamie Cozier||IT Technician|
IT Support is responsible for the maintenance, administration, and development of the school's computerised infrastructure. We also provide all IT related support services to staff and students. We are involved in the evaluation of new technology based systems to meet the needs of the school.
The school has the following IT facilities to offer staff and students:
- Seven IT computer suites across both sites for ICT, as well as classrooms equipped with PC’s for English, Maths, Science, Music, Art, Learning Support, and Technology.
- Chrome Book trolleys of laptops with wireless network connections in Business Studies and RSPHCE.
- All classrooms are equipped with at least one computer connected to the school network and the internet.
- All classrooms are provided with whiteboards and data projectors across the school sites. There are also some Interactive Whiteboards.
- Multifunction Devices.
- Wireless network throughout the school.
- Local Area Network
All computers in the school are networked on a Microsoft Platform and are running Windows 7 with Microsoft Office 2016 installed. We also host a Cherwell Google Domain which gives staff and students access to Google Classroom, Google Drive and Gmail. There are many general purpose packages installed across the network, along with several other educational software titles. Access to the network and various other systems is provided through individual usernames and passwords.
All computers have internet access provided through a fibre connection. The internet can be an unsafe environment for students to explore. We also take steps to prevent students from endangering themselves and others, using filtering to censor which sites the students can access. All staff and students are required to sign an Acceptable Use policy before they are allowed access to the school network, wireless and internet.
Home-School Network Link
As part of the school's policy on providing a dynamic and technology orientated teaching environment both in the classroom and at home, the following services are available to staff and students:
- Access to your own My Documents folder on the school network
- Access to the Staff Shared Area which comprises of various Teaching Resources and relevant documentation for the school.
- Access to the Student Shared Area which contains educational resources
- Home Access Plus
To access the system click on the links provided on our school home page. Your username and password is the same as for the school network.
Faults and Repairs
If something doesn't work properly then it should be reported to the IT Support staff.
You can email ITSupport